What upgrades does the firmware update of Osmo Action 3 have?
1. 4K HDR Video
The camera adopts a chip-level HDR technology and supports recording HDR video at 4K/2.7K/1080p@24/25/30fps (16:9). Even in high-contrast scenarios, like sunsets and sunrises, it can restore highlight and shadow details, allowing you to capture images with natural lighting transitions. At the same time, you can enable RockSteady 3.0, RockSteady+, HorizonSteady, or HorizonBalancing to stabilize image details in motion.
2. 10-Bit Color Depth
Over one billion colors can be recorded to reproduce your world in stunning detail, delivering smoother and more natural color gradations for greater flexibility in post-production.
Timecode is designed for multi-camera shooting. After synchronizing the timecode of each camera, you can quickly align materials from different cameras with the built-in timecode information, greatly enhancing the post-production efficiency.
1. The 120fps high frame rate is applicable to 1080p, 2.7K 16:9, and 4K 16:9 video specifications.
2. Tested in a 25° C (77° F) laboratory environment while recording 1080p/30fps video with EIS disabled and both screens off, and should be used for reference only.
3. Tested in a -20° C (-4° F) laboratory environment while recording 1080p/30fps video with EIS disabled and both screens off, and should be used for reference only.
4. In order to avoid damage, do not strike, crush, or drop this product.
5. Before use, close the battery compartment cover and the USB-C port cover, and tighten the Lens Protective Cover. It is recommended to install the waterproof case for long-duration underwater shooting or when shooting in environments with high pressure or water impacts. Osmo Action 3 and its Waterproof Case have an IP68 waterproof rating. Do not use the camera in hot springs or expose it to corrosive liquids.
* Due to platform compatibility issue, the DJI Mimo app has been removed from Google Play. You cannot search for DJI Mimo in Google Play. To ensure a better product usage experience, please log in to the DJI official website to download the latest version of DJI Mimo.
4K HDR Video, 1 Billion Colors – HDR video delivers vivid yet natural details, even in high-contrast scenarios, and 10-bit color depth captures over one billion colors.
Smooth, Level, Incredible – Whether you’re skiing, skydiving, or biking around on bumpy terrain, HorizonSteady keeps things smooth and ultra-level for epic footage of even your wildest rides.
Built to Endure – With a 160-min max battery life, and even 150 minutes of continuous recording in temperatures as low as -20° C (-4° F), the Action 3 video camera was built to go wherever you do.
Easy Vertical Mounting – An innovative and effortless quick-release mounting design lets you securely mount the Action 3 camera on all of your favorite gear, even vertically, in just seconds.
Dive Deep – Action 3 underwater camera is waterproof down to 16 meters without requiring any additional accessories, letting you dive deep and explore further when underwater.
Front and Back Touchscreens – The action camera with dual touchscreens with hydrophobic coating lets you vlog, take selfies, adjust parameters, and enjoy crystal-clear playback, even with wet hands.
DJI Osmo Action 3 Standard Combo – Includes DJI Osmo Action 3 camera along with a protective frame, adapter mount, and other essentials needed for dynamic and diverse scenarios.
Tips – DJI Osmo Action 3 does not have onboard storage and does not come with a microSD card. Please purchase this item separately.
When using your brand-new Osmo Action 3 for the first time, you have five chances to skip the activation process for product experience. Once the provided chances have been used up, you need to connect the camera to the DJI Mimo app for activation.